Rational Numbers (Math 6 Curriculum – Unit 3)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, a study guide, and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Parts of a Fraction, Writing Fractions
• Mixed vs. Improper Forms
• Simplifying Fractions
• Equivalent Fractions
• Comparing Fractions
• Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Like Denominators)
• Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Unlike Denominators)
• Multiplying Fractions
• Dividing Fractions
• Applications with Fraction Operations
• Decimals: Place Value, Writing, Rounding, Comparing
• Adding and Subtracting Decimals
• Multiplying Decimals
• Dividing Decimals (by Whole Numbers and Decimals)
• Applications with Decimal Operations
• Writing Decimals as Fractions
• Writing Fractions as Decimals
• Comparing Fractions and Decimals
• Negative Rational Numbers (Absolute Value, Comparing)
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE! Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
NOTE: This unit includes operations with positive numbers only! If you are looking for operations with negative fractions, I recommend my Math 7 Number Sense Unit or my Pre-Algebra Real Number System Unit.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Math 6 Units:
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.