The Building Structures Task Cards is a set of activity cards to inspire young learners and makers. The collection includes 20 cards that can be printed on five (5) A4 sheets. Or, if you want the cards to be bigger, you may opt to print and fit on A3 paper.
You might also choose to use the accompanying "Maker Notes" for students to share what they know about their creation. This is available in PDF.
The 20 cards are divided into:
• Covers - 4 overview cards of the different structure cards (Structures, World Wonders, Building Types, and Landmarks)
• Structures - 4 cards showing four different types of structures.
• World Wonders - 4 cards showing four structures that are considered to be a 'wonder of the world'.
• Building Types - 4 cards showing four different types of buildings.
• Landmarks - 4 cards showing four different world landmarks.
You can print as many of these cards as you need for your personal use in your school, home, or community centres. Please do not distribute or print for others. For more than one teacher, librarian, or home educator, please purchase multiple licenses.
These task cards are perfect for use in classrooms, clubs, libraries, and/or makerspaces. You can tie it in with studies on materials, measurement, design, geography, architecture, art, and/or literacy.
You can leave the task cards open-ended or with the use of specific building materials (eg, Lego, magnetic tiles, cardboard, etc). You can also add specific guidelines, such as: "Structures should be no taller than 12 inches." or "Your structure should not exceed the area of 10 square inches."
Also See: STEAM/STEM Task Cards: Building Structures
Want a way to record and assess your STEAM/STEM or Makerspace projects? Check out these STEAM/STEM Writing Task Sheets