PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
111.67 MB | 31 pages
This STEM pack has everything you need to implement a fun Halloween themed STEM challenge once a week in the month of October. Incorporate STEM with a twist of Halloween fun all while getting your Science standards taught.
STEM challenges work best with groups and encourages design and construction, while working through the engineering process.
Included in the pack is all the directions, lab sheets, graphs, constraint cards, and even pictures to help you get started to include a fun filled STEM lesson in your classroom. This pack is perfect for completing one STEM challenge per week during the month of October. Most of the supplies are very inexpensive and are things that can be found easily around the house. The STEM challenges are as follows:
● Web Catcher - Groups will design and construct a web to see how many spiders they can catch without any falling through the holes.
● Candy Towers - Groups will see who can build the tallest towers using candy pumpkins or marshmallows.
● Flying Ghost - Groups will design and construct a hot air balloon but with a Halloween twist.
● Monster Crawl - Groups will design and construct a ramp that allows their "monster" to crawl through the tunnels without getting stuck. The quickest time is the goal!
Every challenge includes:
● Teacher Guides with complete step by step instructions
● STEM recording sheets and graphs for each challenge
● Constraint Cards to be used in groups
● Material Cards for each challenge
Check back or follow me - I plan on adding more themed STEM challenges very soon!