Scientific Method Task Cards - This set of 30 task cards will provide the perfect instruction and reinforcement of the scientific method for students in grades 6-10.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This product is included in my Science Skills Mega-Bundle of 61 files.This Science Skills Bundle contains 61 different files on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits, experimental design, comparing and contrasting and more.
This set of 30 task cards on the scientific method will cover the following:
1. The student will list the steps in the scientific method.
2. The student will distinguish between quantitative and qualitative types of data.
3. The student will define the term “hypothesis” and will demonstrate the ability to write a suitable hypothesis for an experiment.
4. The student will understand the term “controlled experiment” and will be able to identify the experimental group and the control group in an experiment.
5. The student will distinguish between the experimental and the control groups in an experiment.
6. Given a lab experiment scenario, the student will describe a possible control for the experiment.
7. The student will distinguish between independent and dependent variables, and will identify each in an experiment.
8. The student will list factors that must be kept constant in an experiment.
9. The student will look at a graph and form a conclusion based on the information in the graph.
10. The student will study the information in a data table and identify the independent and dependent variables, and form a conclusion.
Also included in this product:
1. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
2. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
3. A complete teacher answer key.
Related products include:
Introduction to Science: 34 Warm ups, bell ringers, or inserts for science interactive notebooks
Common Core Science: Informational Reading Task Cards for ANY Science Reading Passage
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Standards in Grades 6-8
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Subjects in Grades 9 - 10
Common Core Checklists for Science and Technical Subjects in Grades 11-12
Mini Posters for Common Core Science and Technical Subjects Grades 11-12
FREE Scientific Method PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Scientific Method Homework / Study Guide
Science Skills Reinforcement: Graphing, Applying the Scientific Method, Experimental Design, and Scientific Writing
What's In a NAme? (A Study of Biological Prefixes and Suffixes)
Science Skills Worksheet and PowerPoint: Comparing and Contrasting
Science Skills Lab: Student Designed Experiment
Tabling, Graphing and Analyzing Data
Graphic Organizer for Writing Science Lab Reports
Free! Graphic Organizer for Reading Science Informational Text
Metric Measurement Task Cards - Set of 90
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)