Students will review simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences, as well as fragments and run-ons in this sentence structure escape room that contains 64 sentences on 16 task cards.
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes
* 32 sentences for determining sentence structure (simple, compound, complex, compound-complex)
* 32 sentences for determining fragment, run-on, or correct
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.
This product works best if used as a review after students are familiar with the various types of sentence structures and what makes them up. Facilitation of the game (from me giving instructions to the first group solving the secret phrase) takes anywhere from 25-40 minutes depending on grade level of students and familiarity with sentence structures and errors.
Due to the complexity of the sentences, this is recommended for 9-12 graders.
Want to create a customized escape room bundle for a discounted price?
Custom Escape Room Bundle
Looking for other escape room products?
Parts of Speech Escape Room
Subject Verb Agreement Escape the Room
Pronoun Antecedent Agreement Escape the Room
Crucible Escape the Room
Comma Review Escape the Room
Sentence Type Escape Room
Parallel Structure Escape Room
Sentence Structure and Variety Spinner