This product includes 10 spring related jokes. The jokes cover everything from planting seeds to April Fool's Day to Easter. The answer for each joke is encoded so that students must first solve a math problem for each letter and then fill in the blanks with the correct letters.
There are (10) 2-digit addition and subtraction jokes that all involve regrouping.
There are (10) 3-digit addition and subtraction jokes that all involve regrouping.
The jokes in both the 2-digit and 3-digit sets are the same. EX: The first 2-digit joke is the same as the first 3-digit joke.
- This would be a great way to differentiate for your students
- Great end of the year review for 1st grade (2-digit) or 2nd grade (3-digit)
- Use them in a math center
- These jokes would be a great way to make homework fun
- A great motivation for students to finish their math problems!
Common Core Standards:
2.NBT.B.5 - Fluently add and subtract within 100
2.NBT.B.7 - Fluently add and subtract within 1000
Check out these other spring-related products:
St. Patrick's Day Math Centers
Spring Math Word Problems
Leprechaun in Late Winter Novel Study
Fall, Winter and Spring Word Problem Bundle
Meghan @Creating and Learning
P.S. Did you know that you can earn TPT credits for future purchases simply by leaving feedback for all the products you download?!