This quiz is made to assess SpringBoard Geometry Lessons 1-4, though it could be used for most high school geometry courses. It is intended to be taken during one 45+ minute class period. There are 39 questions, multiple choice and free response, and it is worth 60 points. I’ve included an answer key. The quiz is 8 pages in length.
Learning objectives covered on this quiz are:
• Identify, describe, and name points, lines, line segments, rays, and planes using correct notation.
• Identify and name angles.
• Describe angles and angle pairs. Identify and name parts of circles.
• Make conjectures by applying inductive reasoning.
• Recognize the limits of inductive reasoning.
• Use deductive reasoning to prove that a conjecture is true.
• Develop geometric and algebraic based on deductive reasoning.
• Distinguish between undefined and defined terms.
• Use properties to complete algebraic two-column proofs.
• Identify the hypothesis and conclusion of a conditional statement.
• Give counterexamples for false conditional statements.
• Write and determine the truth value of the converse, inverse, and contrapositive of a conditional statement.
• Write and interpret biconditional statements.
• Apply the Segment Addition Postulate to find lengths of segments.
• Use the definition of midpoint to find lengths of segments.
• Apply the Angle Addition Postulate to find angle measures.
• Use the definition of angle bisector to find angle measures.
Common Core State Standards and Mathematical Practices
• MP. 2