PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.91 MB | 21 pages
St Patrick's Day Math, St Patrick’s Day Math Mystery (Grade 3) - NO PREP worksheets included are common core aligned and are great for practice and revision. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun St Patrick’s Day themed Math Mystery!
Math Mystery: Case of the Misplaced Pot of Gold
Leroy McClumsy, a leprechaun, is really sad because he cannot remember where he left his pot of gold in Mathhattan. St Patrick’s Day won’t be much fun for him if he doesn’t find it. A great math detective is needed to help solve the case for poor Mr McClumsy!
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story: Case of The Misplaced Pot of Gold
- Possible Places List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Complete the addition sentence (example: 5 + __?__ = 8)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Addition Pattern Tables (students apply a given rule to numbers in a table, for example: add 100.)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Perimeter measurement (available in both imperial and metric unit versions)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Ordering fractions (with the same denominator)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: 3-Digit Subtraction (with regrouping included)
- A student case solved declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the possible places list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and find Leroy McClumsy’s pot of gold.
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.