Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.43 MB | 12 pages
Use this project with your students to track the weather of their favorite city. Students will choose a city around the world to track the daily weather for 10 consecutive days. They will be using Weather Underground and The Weather Channel to find this information. Provided in this product are step by step instructions for students as to how to navigate each website to find the information needed. Students will use two websites to find their information, and will eventually be putting their information into an excel sheet to produce data tables to show highs and lows for their recorded 10 days. Students will also go back and view weather from 10 years ago (2007) and make a similar graph. Students will be comparing and contrasting the information they found. The provided city is Rockford, Illinois. The end result of this product will be students using powerpoint or keynote to present their information. There are follow-up, reflection questions to tie up the project at the end of the directions.
Included in this product:
1. Instructions for students and teacher for project. STEP BY STEP instructions!
2. Tracking Weather Chart for student use (pdf and word)
3. Student guides (screenshots) of how to navigate two weather websites
4. Excel sheets with graphs that include all the data for weather in 2007 and 2017
5. Student excel sheet with labels already created for easy student use
6. Grading rubric
This product is READY TO USE. Only requires you to read and distribute. Everything is able to be edited to fit your own personal needs.