PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Please consider following me: :-) Click follow under my picture in the upper right hand corner. Thank you!
This free listing of women trailblazers includes lots of links that Teachers may find helpful to use with their students during Women's History Month. There are several questions for students to answers making the resource a possible Interactive Notebook Activity. The 2019 theme for Women's History Month is “Visionary Women: Champions of Peace and Nonviolence.”
1. Check out this Women's History Month Webquest: There are many women who have made contributions which have shaped our world. This webquest can be done at any time during the year.Each web question contains information on the women highlighted. Extension links/activities are included as is the key. Grades 4 and up. Here are the highlighted women in this web quest: Elizabeth Blackwell, Clara Barton, Amelia Earhart, Susan B Anthony,Sally Ride, Rosa Parks, Jane Goodall, Eleanor Roosevelt, Marie Curie, Sacagawea , Sonia Sotomajor and Katherine Johnson:Women's History Webquest!
2. Women History: A Bundle of TEN Reader's Theater Scripts on Women in History: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/WOMENS-HISTORY-A-BUNDLE-of-10-READERS-THEATER-SCRIPTS-4409951
3. Readings on TEN Famous Women in History: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Women-in-History-Bundle-of-Ten-Reading-Passages-on-Women-in-History-4409979
4. Reader's Theater Script: Revolutionary War Spies:Culper Spy Ring and Female Agent 355: Learn about women spies during the Revolutionary War! I really had fun developing this play! Female Spies during Revolutionary War
5. Recently, while watching the morning news, two of the hosts couldn’t name the famous woman, from Rochester, NY, who helped women get the right to vote! One said, I think her name was Susan “something”. That got me thinking that Bookmark Bios might be a great way to introduce young people to many(not all) the famous women and men in history, STEM and Literature! Giving the Bookmark Bios, could be a weekly activity, perhaps as a handout for an interactive notebook, after a testing period, or as a “bell ringer” before your class instruction begins. You could print the Bookmark Bios on cardstock or colored paper, cut them out and you might consider laminating them for a more durable handout. Additionally, the included Bookmark Bio Cards might be helpful to have the students do some critical thinking! I have also included a blank template should you wish to use the idea as a research activity where students develop their own Bookmark Bios: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BookmarksBookmark-Bios-Women-in-Modern-Times-1700s-on-4170805
I have lots of other Reader’s Theater Scripts on first ladies in my To Tell the Truth series. Michelle Obama: Michello Obama, A Reader's Theater Script
Eleanor Roosevelt: Eleanor Roosevelt, A Reader's Theater Script
Hillary Clinton: Hillary Clinton, A Reader's Theater Script
Lady Bird Johnson: Lady Bird Johnson, A Reader's Theater Script
Mary Todd Lincoln: Mary Todd Lincoln, A Reader's Theater Script
Martha Washington: Martha Washington, A Reader's Theater Script
Dolly Madison: Dolly Madison, A Reader's Theater Script
Abigail Adams: Abigail Adams, A Reader's Theater Script
Additionally, I have READER'S THEATER SCRIPTS on Susan B. Anthony, Katherine Johnson, Rachel Carson, Marie Curie, Elizabeth Blackwell, Sacagawea, Amelia Earhart, Marian Anderson, Bessie Coleman, Joan of Arc, Sojourner Truth, Phillis Wheatley, Mary Anning, Caroline Herschel, Sophie Brahe, Hypatia, Hildegard of Bingen, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks ,Aida de Acosta and more. I also have a play on Revolutionary War Female Spies, Women who Fought in the Civil War and Women Pilots during World War 2 (WASP).
1. BOOK Fun Facts(great for National Library Day, 4/15 and Library of Congress Day, 4/24: Book Fun Facts
2.Earth Day Freebie: Earth Day Freebie
3. April Fools’ Day Freebie: April Fools’ Day Freebie
4. Black History Month Freebie: Black History Month Freebie
5. Pumpkin Facts: Pumpkin Fun Facts
6. Amazing Mummy Facts: Amazing Mummy Facts
7. Amazing Chinese New Year Factoids: Chinese New Year Factoids
8. King Tut Day Freebie: King Tut Day Freebie
9.Amazing Presidential Fun Facts: Presidential Factoids
10. Learn about Diwali: Diwali Fun Facts