Area and Perimeter.
Need we say more?
Ok, maybe a little more. Check it out:
In this comprehensive 34-page bundle (plus answer keys) we address all the essential area and perimeter skills your math magicians are tasked with learning as per the Common Core Curriculum. While it most closely follows the 3rd grade pacing guide, 4th and 5th grade teachers need not despair: this bundle can also be used as a way to review basic area and perimeter skills. We find that these student-friendly handouts work well as homework, class work, or quizzes.
* Understand Area pgs 1-2
* Meaure Area pgs 3-5
* Tiling to Measure Area pgs 6-9
* Multiply to Measure Area pgs 10-11
* Understand Perimeter pgs 12-13
* Measure Perimeter pgs 14-17
* Measure Perimeter pgs 18-19
* Perimeter: Find Unknown Side Lengths pgs 20-21
* Find Area Using the Distributive Property pgs 22-25
* Same Perimeter, Different Areas pgs 26-27
* Same Area, Different Perimeters pgs 28-30
* Problem Solving with Area and Perimeter pgs 31-34
-Sure, you could
download our math freebies from our store, but we figured it'd be more convenient to just package them here for you! You get 7 handouts, one from each of our other math unit bundles!
While you get the best savings with this bundle, we have an Area Mini-Bundle
(pages 1-11) and a Perimeter Mini-Bundle
(pages 12-21) if you're specifically looking to address just
Area or just
How We Break it Down:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Check out our AWESOME math bundle series!
Basic Addition and Subtraction Bundle
Place Value Bundle
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Measurement and Data
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.