We aren’t the only ones who are TOTALLY EXCITED about jumping into Geometry with both feet, are we? Seriously, what’s not to love about solid figures, plane figures and polygons (and, of course, their many attributes), as well as parallel, intersecting and perpendicular lines, line segments, points AND angles?? Geometry is a veritable Mathematical Wonderland!
Well, we love this unit so much we’ve carefully prepared 40 pages (plus answer keys) of top-shelf geometry practice for your Math-Masters-In-Training! While this comprehensive bundle is specifically designed to address the skills prescribed by the 3rd grade Common Core Curriculum, 4th and 5th grade teachers will definitely still find these handouts useful for pre-assessing or reviewing. We find that these student-friendly handouts work well as homework, class work, or quizzes.
Let’s have a closer look at what’s included and how our awesome handouts are structured:
* Solid Figures and Their Attributes pgs 1-4
* Solid Figures and Their Attributes Extra Practice pgs 5-7
* Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Bases pgs 8-10
* Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Bases pgs Extra Practice pgs 11-13
* Points, Lines, and Line Segments pgs 14-16
* Acute, Right, and Obtuse Angles pgs 17-19
* Plane Figures and Polygons pgs 20-22
* Plane Figures and Polygons Extra Practice pgs 23-25
* Quadrilaterals pgs 26-28
* Quadrilaterals Extra Practice pgs 29-31
* Quadrilaterals Share Attributes pgs 32-34
* Identify Equal Parts pgs 35-37
* Partition Shapes Into Equal Parts pgs 38-40
-Sure, you could
download our math freebies from our store, but we figured it'd be more convenient to just package them here for you! You get 7 handouts, one from each of our other math unit bundles!
How We Break it Down:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Check out our AWESOME math bundle series!
Basic Addition and Subtraction Bundle
Place Value Bundle
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Area and Perimeter Bundle
Measurement and Data
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.