This huge bundle is all you’ll ever need for CVC centers. It features 24 activities that will get your students learning about, practicing and mastering short vowel words. It includes fun and engaging activities that your students will love completing during literacy rotations. This bundle includes both Volume One and Volume Two.
1. CVC I Spy – Students search the picture maze and locate the CVC words.
2. Read and Cover – Students match the pictures to the words on the mats.
3. Roll a Word – Students roll 3 dice and read the CVC words. Then, they sort the words by whether they are real or nonsense.
4. Onset and Rime Puzzle – Students match the onset and rime to complete the puzzles. Each short vowel sound is color-coded for added support.
5. Spell a Word – Students use magnetic letters or erasable marker to sound out and spell the CVC words.
6. Word Family Match – Students match the pictures to the word family strips.
7. Change a Letter – Using magnetic letters or marker, students read the CVC word and replace the underlined letter with another letter to form the new word.
8. Secret Words – Students write the beginning sound of each picture to find the secret CVC word.
9. Make and Write Mats – Students choose a card, say the picture name, make it using magnetic letters and write it in erasable marker.
10. Word Family Strips – Students write the beginning sound of each picture to complete the words.
11. Sentence Match – Students read the sentence (filled with CVC words and simple sight words) and find the matching picture.
12. Short Vowel Sort - Students sort the picture cards under the short vowel sounds.
1. Spell a CVC Word – Students choose a CVC picture card and spell out the word in the box with the matching number.
2. Short Vowel Wheels – Using clothespins, students find and clip the pictures that match the short vowel sound.
3. Spin and Spell – Students spin the spinner using a pencil or paperclip and then spell the word using magnetic letters or erasable marker.
4. Match the Words – Students match the words to the pictures.
5. Word Puzzles – Students put together the picture puzzle to spell out the CVC word.
6. Word Endings – Students match the word endings to each picture.
7. Rhyming Words – Students find 2 rhyming pictures and place them on the rhyming mat. Then, they record the rhyming pair on the sheet.
8. Word Ladders – Students change a letter in each line to create the word ladders.
9. Ending Sound Mats – Students sort the pictures by their ending sound. There are mats included for ending sounds t, p, n, g, d.
10. Spin and Cover – Students spin the spinner using a pencil and paperclip and record the letters in the boxes underneath. They read the word and cover it on the mat if it is there.
11. Scrambled Sentences – Students choose a scrambled sentence card and unscramble the letters to form a sentence. They can record the sentence on the sheet provided or they can write it in their workbooks.
12. Picture Puzzles - Students match the words to the pictures. Once all the puzzle pieces are on the mat, it will reveal a secret picture.
You may also like:
♥♥♥ Follow me to be the first to hear about FREEBIES and updates ♥♥♥
♥♥♥ Earn TPT Credits when you leave feedback ♥♥♥
I welcome and appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions.
You may also contact me on email@example.com