This lab activity is a fun way for students to practice dimensional analysis and scientific notation. Often times it is hard for students to understand the big picture and real world application of the content we teach them – especially when it comes to math skills. This lab is an excellent way for students to apply their dimensional analysis and scientific notation skills to a real world situation – making fudge. Best part of all, students actually get to make the fudge based on their calculations! Students will leave this activity with a better understanding of dimensional analysis and scientific notation, as well as a satisfied sweet tooth!
: This lab activity is included in the Fudge Lab Expansion Pack, Scientific Method Unit, and Physical Science Curriculum Bundle, so do not purchase if you already have any of these products because you already own this!
How can I use this?
• Practice for understanding of dimensional analysis and scientific notation
• Fun review activity of essential math skills around holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Mother’s Day.
What is included?
• 4 pages of teacher implementation notes
• 3 pages of student handouts
• Answer Key
How much class time will this take?
This activity tends to take one 50-minute class period if students do the ingredient calculations for homework the night before.
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Fudge Lab Expansion Pack. If you are looking for notes, practice problems, and a quiz to go along with this activity, check the expansion pack out!
What if I have a question?
Email me at email@example.com I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
- Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
- Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
- Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
- Upload this product to any unsecured website or server that other teachers can access for free.
- Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
- Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.