Your students will stay engaged with these lighthearted Halloween math problem solving task cards that become a fun story. There are 12 self-checking problems with the answer on the back. Students can either play a board game with them or put a puzzle together. These same word problems also come in worksheet form. Other choices include how your students work or record their answers. These task cards, worksheets, games, and activities are great for cooperative groups, remediation, independent work, centers, fast finishers, or an assessment.
ALL MATERIALS COME WITH A COLOR OR BLACK & WHITE OPTION.
This product includes...
* Direction pages and Common Core Standard page
* 2 game boards (1 color and 1 black & white)
* 6 sets of 4 different game markers (color or black & white)
* 2 puzzles (1 color and 1 black & white)
* 2 sets of 12 task cards with word problem on the front and answer on the back (1 color and 1 black & white)
* The same 12 word problems (3 to a page) in black and white to be used as a worksheet
* Student Recording Sheet for answers only
* Teacher Answer Key
* 3 page Recording Sheet with 4 pumpkins on each page where students can draw, show their work, write, and explain their answer.
* 2 center signs (1 color and 1 black & white)
PLEASE CHECK THE PREVIEW TO SEE SOME OF THE BLACK & WHITE OPTIONS
Common Core Standards included
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NBT.A.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms
CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.8 Solve two-step word problems using the four operations.
CCSS.Math.Content.3.MD.A.1 Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.1 Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.3d Compare two fractions with the same numerator or the same denominator
CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.1 Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each.
CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.4 Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation
CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.B.5 Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply
CCSS.Math.Content.3.MD.C.7 Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NBT.A.3 Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NBT.A.1 Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10
FOR MORE HOLIDAY PRODUCTS CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW.
Thanksgiving Turkey Math Word Problem Task Card Center for 3rd Grade: CCSS Aligned
Thanksgiving Bingo for Main Idea and Supporting Detail
Christmas Math Word Problems for 3rd: CCSS Aligned