Also included in
- This step-by-step reading comprehension skills bundle has original and engaging ideas that resonate with students, so they can form a deeper understanding of each reading skill. All of the units are designed with visuals, activities, practice, and graphic organizers to use with any story. There are$45.99$52.92Save $6.93
This Step-by-Step Inference unit is a complete unit with a variety of activities to help students learn how to infer and effective reading comprehension skills. If you need differentiation, you came to the right store!
MOTIVATE- a variety of activites for all learners
EDUCATE- using anchor charts and teacher notes
DIFFERENTIATE- FOUR PASSAGES come in 3 different lexile levels, 3 levels of interactive pages
For distance learning: There are three separate student PDFs. One for each reading level. (Be careful not to put them on a public website. For copyright purposes, websites need to be password protected)
1. If you want students to write directly on a PDF and don't have a program with that capability, they can open it with dochub. It is free and a dropdown option when opening in Google. Students will need to provide an email. Click HERE for directions.
2. Make an image or screenshot of the page/pages you want students to complete and have them create a textbox to write over top of it. The images can be placed in google slides. Directions on how to just send parts of a PDF to students. Click HERE.
SEE A PREVIEW OF MOST OF THE PAGES!
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS COMPREHENSIVE INFERENCE UNIT?
1. MENTOR TEXT SUGGESTIONS
2. ANCHOR CHARTS (OR POSTERS) ★ WHAT IS INFERENCE? ★ HOW DO YOU INFER?
3. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PRINTABLES (3 VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION WHEN TAKING NOTES- Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
4. HANDS ON ACTIVITIES
5. READING PASSAGES FOR PRACTICE: There are 3 passages with inference and other comprehension questions. (fiction and nonfiction) Use one for instruction and others for centers or homeowork.
6. MORE PRACTICE: There are 3 photo worksheets for NOTICE, THINK, WONDER and a fill-in-the-blank worksheet. These work well for centers, class work and homework.
7. TASK CARDS: There are 24 Task Cards- 10 simple multiple choice scaffolded into 14 paragraphs with open ended inference questions.
8. READING PASSAGE FOR ASSESSMENT: It is a nonfiction reading passage with questions for inference and comprehension.
9. TRACKING FORM
10. STUDENT EDITIONS: These are perfect to send students electronically to work on tablets. There are 3 different student editions according to Lexile levels. They are the same as the teacher version without the assessment and answer keys. These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!
Version 1- Lexile Level- 600-750 (GRADE 3-4)
Version 2- Lexile Level- 700-850 (GRADE 4-5)
Version 3- Lexile Level- 800-950 (GRADE 5-6)
11. BLANK INFERENCE CHARTS: There are 3 versions to use with any book!
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RL 3.1, 4.1, 5.1 RI 3.1, 4.1, 5.1 RI 3.8, 4.8, 5.8
OTHER RELATED RESOURCES:
Thank you for visiting my store!
OTHER READING RESOURCES
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS (GRADES 1-8) -motivate students AND boost test scores!