This packet will provide your students everything needed to learn about the invention process and create their own inventions in preparation for their own Invention Convention. Guide students in finding problems to solve, locating products to modify, and creating advertising ideas to pitch. **This product now contains a in addition to a printable (PDF format), perfect for distance learning or paperless classrooms.
- Digital Guide for Teachers (1 Page)
- Digital Guide for Students (1 Page)
- Inventor's Notebook Cover (1 page)
- Notebook Checklist (1 page)
- The Invention Process (1 page)
- Journal Entry Cards - Invent a... (2 pages)
- Journal Entry Cards - Think of a Modification for...(2 pages)
- Problem Log Q & A - Interview an Adult (1 page)
- Problem Log Q & A - Interview a Peer (1 page)
- Problem Tracker (1 page)
- Needs Improvement (1 page)
- Problems in My Community (1 page)
- Problem Solved (1 page)
- Does it Exist? Similar Products (1 page)
- Sketch It (1 page)
- Materials List (1 page)
- Make It (2 pages)
- Try It (1 page)
- Name It (1 page)
- Class Patent Application (1 page)
- Invention Ad (1 page)
- Create Your Poster Board Directions (1 page)
- Poster Rubric (1 page)
- Presentation Rubric (1 page)
Great for meeting the NGSS 3rd grade through 5th grade Engineering Design standards!
Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
**If you like what you see, please click on the "Follow Me" star to learn about new products, sales, and more!