Included in this download are 24 Task Cards that involve creating line code for Ozobot, using paper and markers.
Materials - You will need:
- 24 Task Cards printed out (I recommend printing them on cardstock and laminating for future use).
- Ozobots & chargers (I prefer 1 Ozobot for every 2 students)
- White paper (8.5 x 11 or larger)
- Thick markers (chisel tips work best, but thick Crayola markers work too): Black, Blue, Green, and Red
- Ozocode reference sheet:
- Establish charging routines and procedures for Ozobots
- Pass out paper, markers, Ozobots, and Ozocodes to students.
- Provide the Task Cards for students to use. This can be done in various ways:
- A different Task Card for each group (partners)
- The same Task Card for each group (partners)
- Independently working through Task Cards
- Allow students to read the Task Card, and come up with a plan for completing the task together.
- Then allow them to use the materials (paper, markers, Ozobot, Ozocodes) to complete the task.
- Once they have completed the Task, students can move on to another card (teacher’s discretion).