Have your students apply their understanding of PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM with these ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Find the Length of the Legs of a Right Triangle
✔ Find the Length of the Hypotenuse of a Right Triangle
✔ Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem
Common Core Alignment :
* 8.G.7 - Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
* 8.EE.2 - Use square root and cube root symbols to represent solutions to equations of the form x^2 = p and x^3 = p, where p is a positive rational number. Evaluate square roots of small perfect squares and cube roots of small perfect cubes. Know that √2 is irrational.
* MP3 - Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
BUNDLE UP & SAVE $$ with my Pythagorean Theorem UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
Get it all in my 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE!
More PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM resources:
* Pythagorean Theorem ERROR ANALYSIS
* Pythagorean Theorem PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* Pythagorean Theorem MAZE, RIDDLE, COLORING PAGE
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
* 8th Grade ERROR ANALYSIS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.