This proportional relationships activity bundle includes 8 classroom activities to support unit rates with and without fractions, constant of proportionality, proportional relationships in tables, graphs, equations, and verbal descriptions, and determining if a relationship is proportional or not.
These hands-on and engaging activities are all easy to prep! Students are able to practice and apply concepts with these proportional relationship activities, while collaborating and having fun! Math can be fun and interactive!
Standards: CCSS (7.RP.1, 7.RP.2A, 7.RP.2B, 7.RP.2C, 7.RP.2D) and TEKS (7.4A, 7.4B, 7.4C)
More details on what is included:
Eight hands-on activities that can be utilized in pairs or groups of 3-4. All activities include any necessary recording sheets and answer keys. In the case of a performance task, a rubric has been provided. Answers will vary, and in many situations there may not be a right or wrong answer.
- Card Sort: proportional and non-proportional
- He Said, She Said: constant of proportionality
- Cut and Paste: proportional tables and graphs
- Pair Up: rate of change
- Matching Cards: multiple representations
- Solve and Color: unit rate
- Stations: proportional relationships unit review
- Performance Task: proportional relationships unit review
***Please download a preview to see sample pages and more information.***
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group classroom activity
- Use in a small group for additional remediation, tutoring, or enrichment
- Use as an alternative homework or independent practice assignment
- Incorporate within our Proportional Relationships Unit to support the mastery of concepts and skills.
Time to Complete:
- Most activities can be utilized within one class period. Performance tasks summarize the entire unit and may need 2-3 class periods. However, feel free to review the activities and select specific problems to meet your students’ needs and time specifications. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Looking for instructional materials?
- Check out the corresponding Proportional Relationships Unit, which includes student handouts, independent practice, assessments, and answer keys.
More 7th Grade Activity Bundles:
More 7th Grade Units:
Try out a FREE math resource! Grab your freebie here!
This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so contact me before leaving feedback if you have a need.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present