Create a snowman stop motion animation scene!
Your students will create a digital stop motion animation of a winter scene using Google slides. Students can work independently or in pairs to create an animation of their choosing. Students can then view their animation to see their work.
Watch the video preview above to see a sample animation.
- 5 Instruction Pages for Students You do not need to know how to do digital stop motion animation before trying this!
- Background Scene Pages and Animated Elements Students can used the components provided, create their own, or do an image search to create just the right scene. Background images are wintery and snowy options. Characters and objects include animals, elements to build a snowman, animated snow, etc.
- Teacher Instructions
- Video Example that shows an animation being built, as well as how to view the animation.
"My students loved this resource last year. I can't wait to try it out with my students this year. This resource keeps them engaged and excited throughout the entire process. Their faces just light up when they see the finished product!"
"My 5th graders loved this activity! They really impressed me with the level of storytelling that they applied to this project. The characters and settings were perfect for Winter."
"It's great to have everything that the students need to do a Google Slides presentation included in one place, without having to go online and find their own images!"
Digital Stop Motion Animation Projects
- Halloween Scene Animation
- Thanksgiving Parade (can use with Balloons over Broadway)
- Snowman Winter Scene
- Christmas Scene Animation
- Winter Train Scene
- Leprechaun Trap Animation
- Animal Life Cycle
- Insect Life Cycle
- Plant Life Cycle
Looking for a Physical Stop Motion Resource?