This Transformations Activity Bundle includes 6 classroom activities to support identifying and describing the effects of transformations on the coordinate plane.
These hands-on and engaging activities are all easy to prep! Students are able to practice and apply concepts with these transformation activities, while collaborating and having fun! Math can be fun and interactive!
Standards: CCSS (8.G.3) and TEKS (8.3C and 8.10C)
More details on what is included:
Six hands-on activities that can be utilized in pairs or groups of 3-4. All activities include any necessary recording sheets and answer keys.
- Cut and Paste: translations
- Card Sort: reflections
- Mazes: rotations
- He Said, She Said: dilations
- Scavenger Hunt: transformations unit review
- Guess My Transformation: transformations unit review
***Please download a preview to see sample pages and more information.***
How to use this resource:
- Use as a whole group classroom activity
- Use in a small group for additional remediation, tutoring, or enrichment
- Use as an alternative homework or independent practice assignment
- Incorporate within our Transformations Unit to support the mastery of concepts and skills.
Time to Complete:
- Most activities can be utilized within one class period. Performance tasks summarize the entire unit and may need 2-3 class periods. However, feel free to review the activities and select specific problems to meet your students’ needs and time specifications. There are multiple problems to practice the same concepts, so you can adjust as needed.
Looking for instructional materials?
- Check out the corresponding Transformations Unit, which includes student handouts, independent practice, assessments, and answer keys.
More 8th Grade Activity Bundles:
More 8th Grade Units:
Try out a FREE math resource! Grab your freebie here!
This file is a license for ONE teacher and their students. Please purchase the appropriate number of licenses if you plan to use this resource with your team. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out for assistance. We aim to provide quality resources to help teachers and students alike, so contact me before leaving feedback if you have a need.
If you are interested in a personalized quote for campus and district licenses, please click here.
©Maneuvering the Middle® LLC, 2012-present