Boy do my students struggle with understanding descriptive language. It seems to be one of the most obscure concepts for them to understand. In order to support their understanding of complex skills like descriptive language, I try to incorporate as many mentor texts as I can. Puddles by Jonathon London is a excellent example of a Spring themed text using descriptive language.
Included in this download are:
• Anchor posters to help you introduce or re-teach types
of descriptive language
• Class brainstorming chart
• Posters highlighting five quotes from the text for a
• Student recording sheet and answer key
• Student writing paper and idea support
• Full lesson outline
Color and printer friendly options are included!
If you have any questions about this resource, or any other Thyme to Read resource, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Created by: Thyme to Read