The ”Grade 2 January Daily Math”
work packet is designed for students in Grade 2. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers as the activities are based on expectations outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
Each Daily Math monthly packet now features approximately 24 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (approximately 5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The skill set addressed in this packet once again involves number sense with numbers above from 0 to 100. The following skills are addressed in the January
- Counting numbers to 100;
- Ordering numbers to 100;
- Representing numbers to 100;
- Printing numbers to 20;
- Comparing numbers to 100 using the <, >, and = symbols;
- Representing numbers in multiple ways (colouring snowflakes using two colours);
- Making groups of tens and writing the left over ones;
- Addition and subtraction with single digit numbers;
- Addition and subtraction with two-digit by single-digit numbers;
- Solving word problems;
- Telling and writing time to the nearest hour and half-hour;
- Creating geometric patterns with given shapes;
- Making predictions with a given spinner, spinning a spinner and tallying results;
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for the Grade 2 February Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for other Grade 2 Daily Math?
Grade 2 September Daily MathGrade 2 October Daily MathGrade 2 November Daily Math
Looking for Grade 3 Daily Math?
Grade 3 September Daily MathGrade 3 October Daily MathGrade 3 November Daily Math
Grade 3 December Daily Math