Making a Map Cartography Student Project Assignment
I used this activity in all of my Social Studies
classes, grades 6-11, at the beginning of the year to refresh basic mapping skills
This rubric requires students to get involved in their path to school and to create a 3-D map
of the trip. Students must include significant and favorite places, as well as research using GoogleMaps, Mapquest or another online source for estimated mileage.
My students love this activity and I love hanging the results around my room!
Assignment and rubric on handout.
This activity is also included in my Introduction to Ancient World History Complete Unit as a culminating project assignment.
Take a look at the many resources (including this one) included in my Introduction to Ancient World History Complete Unit:
• Introduction to Ancient History Unit Plan w/Bellringers, Exit Prompts, & Homework
• Mapping the World Cartography Activity
• Making a Map Cartography Project
• Geography's Effect on Settlement Centers Activity
• Introduction to Analyzing Primary Sources Activity
• What is Archeology? Archeology Dig
• Walking Tour from the Paleolithic Age to the Neolithic Age & Neolithic Revolution
• The Stone Age Reading Guide & ORQ Writing Prompt
• Prehistoric Peoples Interactive Lecture Notes & Vocabulary Review
• Unit Study Guide & Unit Test w/Answer Key
Bonus w/Complete Unit:
• SPRITE Graphic Organizer Set
• SPRITE Acronym Poster Set
• GRAPES Graphic Organizer Set
• GRAPES Acronym Poster Set
And be sure to shop my TpT Store
for other great resources for Geography, U.S. History, World History, Classroom Management, Classroom Decor, and more!