Forensic Science Semester Project: True Crime Book Presentation
Also included in
- This bundle includes these Forensic Science resources from Science of Curiosity:Forensics Arson Investigation - NO PREP! Students listen to a action-packed audio drama about an arson/murder investigation (check HERE to be sure your school supports this audio story!)Blood Spatter Lab - Student centerPrice $29.00Original Price $34.00Save $5.00
- Bundle and Save with this set of six Forensic Science Projects! Projects topics include Forensics Careers, True Crime reading, Processing a Crime Scene, DNA Evidence, Explosives, and a culminating project for students to create their own miniature crime scene. A wide range of project styles: researcPrice $25.00Original Price $28.50Save $3.50
- High School Forensics Curriculum Bundle! Save on EVERY forensics product offered by Science of Curiosity. This is a GROWING bundle, with 68 products and counting! Includes eleven forensic units, six projects, review questions and assessments. Click HERE to see the detailed pacing guide that comes wiPrice $166.50Original Price $185.00Save $18.50
The goal of this Forensic Science Project is for students to read a True Crime book and then give a presentation about their case. A great way to increase literacy in your Forensic Science class!
- Two comprehensive 100 point rubrics: differentiated for faster vs slower readers
- Book Note Taking Guide: provides scaffolding for students who need help taking notes on their book
- Student handout to introduce the project
- List of True Crime books with authors
- Full teacher's guide: start to finish tips for how to implement the assignment in class
- Student Survey: give to students after the project
My students love this project - even ones who do not typically enjoy reading can really get into their book when it is about a true crime!
The Teachers' Guide suggests that students read for 15 minutes each day in class, and complete the project in one semester. Alternatively, students can read the book at home, or over a several week time period in class and at home.
Click the Preview to read the full Teacher's Guide that explains the project. Includes tips on what to do if students do not finish the book.
Click HERE to see the Pacing Guide and know how this resource fits into the whole Forensic Science Curriculum.
More Forensic Science resources from Science of Curiosity!
- Estimate Time Since Death - NO PREP!
- Digital DNA Fingerprint Activity! Learn the process of DNA Fingerprinting! Make four DNA Fingerprints! Solve a Murder Case!
- Arson Investigation - NO PREP
- Blood Spatter Lab - Student centered, learn by doing
- Forensic Files Video List - find the perfect Forensic Files video for every topic
- Forensic File Video Guide - FREE
- True Crime Book Project: Increase literacy in your Forensic Science Class!
- Murder In Miniature Forensics Project - students create their own crime scene diorama and then process the scene as an Investigator. Complete with full rubric, PowerPoint and photos of example projects
- Forensic Science Careers Project - NO PREP students choose a career and follow the 100 pt rubric to create a digital poster