- This bundle contains my first five units of Master Math Curriculum for First Grade. The units included are Unit 1 Number Sense, Unit 2 Addition to 10, Unit 3 Subtraction to 10, Unit 4 Geometry, and Unit 5 Place Value. Everything you would need to teach Math is provided in these units. It is hands on$70.00$88.00Save $18.00
- This bundle consists of 15 units that I use for my first grade guided math curriculum. It is built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each$200.00$253.00Save $53.00
- Product Description
This unit is the fourth unit of a first grade MASTER math curriculum built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. It focuses on 2-D plane shapes and 3-D solid shapes. Students will learn the shapes using a variety of different tools. They will also be exposed to polygons and fractions with halves and fourths. In addition students will look at attributes of different shapes. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each lesson begins with a whole group mini lesson provided in a SMART notebook version or a pdf file. Then students begin to rotate (much like centers). MASTER stands for Manipulatives, Apply Skills, Small Group, Technology, Enrichment, and Review. There are activities provided for each component listed, lesson plans, assessments, SMART notebook files, and a fun culminating craft. Included you will receive:
- 3-D puzzles
- 2-D puzzles
- slides/stacks/rolls sort
- 3-D labels to sort shapes
- 3-D shape sort (things in the world)
- 2-D shape sort (things in the world)
- Attribute sorting mat dry/erase
- Making objects out of shapes
- Fraction sorting
- Owl Shape sorting
- Plane or Solid Spin &Cover All
- Rolls, Stacks, & Slides Spin & Cover All
- How Many Sides? Spin & Cover All
- Halves or Fourths Spin & Cover All
- Halves or Whole Spin & Cover All
- Halves, Fourths, & Whole Spin & Cover All
- 2-D Shape-O (bingo)
- 3-D Shape-O (bingo)
- Mixed 2-D & 3-D Shape-O (bingo)
- Shape War (Most Sides)
- Concentration 2-D & 3-D versions
- 2-D shapes Introduction
- 2-D Shapes Sorting
- 2-D Shapes in Real Life
- 2-D Shapes Attributes
- 2-D Polygon vs. Non-polygon (optional Lesson)
- 3-d shapes Cone, Cube, & Sphere
- 3-D Shapes Prism, Pyramid, Cylinder
- 3-D Shapes sorting
- 3-D Shapes in real Life
- Fractions 2 equal parts
- Fractions 4 equal parts
- Fractions Mixed Practice
- Labeling fractions
Technology 7 activities in Boom Learning and Google Slides
- How many sides and corners?
- 2-D shapes in the real world
- 3-D shapes in the real world
- Does it roll, stack or slide?
- Is it a plane shape or a solid shape?
- Is it whole, halves, our fourths?
- 2-D & 3-D assessment
- Build 3 Dimensional Shapes out of paper patterns and write about them.
- Build 3 Dimensional Shapes using marshmallows and toothpicks and write about them.
- Build 2 Dimensional shapes using marshmallows and sticks compare and contrast two shapes using a Venn diagram
- Build shapes with playdough and compare and contrast.
- Make halves, whole, and fourths out of playdough or paper pencil shapes
- Number bonds
- Addition to 10
- Subtraction to 10
- Fact Families
- Number Patterns
- Number Stories
- One Less and One More
- Number Sense
- Owl Craft cumulative project to review shapes
- Class progress sheet•Individual progress sheet
- 14 lessons completed for you
- 5 templates to create your own
SMART Notebook warm up lessons whole group
- 13 different lessons
- 13 pdf’s in case you don’t have SMART Notebook
Description, I Can Statements, Standards, Binder Cover and Layout
Rotation Templates in SMART Notebook or PDF version
**IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE TECHNOLOGY PIECES**
Some of this resource is in Google Slides format. You will NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to GOOGLE SLIDES to use this resource. It is also helpful to have GOOGLE CLASSROOM but not necessary. It will help you easily send the activities to your students.
Please note: I am not affiliated or associated with Google, nor do they endorse this resource.
Important: To redeem your Boom Cards, you will create an account for Boom Learning. The account you get with your purchase allows you to play the Boom Cards on interactive whiteboards and with individual students using Fast Play. Fast Play does not save student progress reports.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
***To try them out below with this preview link!****
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....