The ”Grade 3 January Daily Math”
work packet is designed for students in Grade 3. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers as the activities are based on expectations outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
Each Daily Math monthly packet now features approximately 24 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (approximately 5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The skill set addressed in this packet once again involves number sense with numbers above from 0 to 100. The following skills are addressed in the January
- Counting numbers to 1000;
- Ordering numbers to 1000;
- Representing numbers to 1000 using base ten blocks (i.e., hundreds, tens and ones);
- Comparing numbers to 1000 using the <, >, and = symbols;
- Writing missing numbers on a given number line;
- Solving addition and subtraction equations using mental math strategies;
- Solving two-digit addition and subtraction equations;
- Skip counting by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s to 1000;
- Identifying the closest 10 to a given number;
- Representing money amounts given coins, and drawing coins;
- Writing repeated addition equations;
- Telling time to the quarter-hour and identifying whether a given time is quarter to or quarter past an hour;
- Drawing the lines of symmetry for given two-dimensional shapes;
- Continuing growing and shrinking patterns;
- Creating geometric patterns given shapes;
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for the Grade 3 February Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for other Grade 3 Daily Math?
Grade 3 September Daily MathGrade 3 October Daily MathGrade 3 November Daily Math
Grade 3 December Daily Math
Looking for Grade 2 Daily Math?
Grade 2 September Daily MathGrade 2 October Daily MathGrade 2 November Daily MathGrade 2 December Daily MathGrade 2 January Daily Math