I Can Say the R Sound: Articulation Workbook
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Many of you have asked for it, so I've finally done it! Here is a BUNDLE of all of my I Can Say articulation workbooks. Fun and engaging worksheets for articulation therapy. Each workbook has professionally illustrated, step-by-step instructions for sound production and opportunities for practice inPrice $130.00Original Price $152.00Save $22.00
This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! See why it's earned over 1,300 5-star reviews!
This workbook is a MUST-HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Engaging activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
Teaching R can be difficult, but this workbook makes it easier. This comprehensive book of articulation printables contains a variety of proven methods. These carefully designed worksheets can be used while you provide evidence-based therapy to your students. Research supports many of the methods included such as minimal pairs, mass practice, and using visual cues.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
- Clear anatomy visuals and step-by-step illustrated instructions for production of retroflexed and bunched R
- Elicitation techniques including tactile cues, shaping R from other sounds, using tools such as tongue depressors, dental flossers and lollipops to elicit the R sound. Jaw stabilization tips, directions for using popular words (Karla, Eureka, etc.) and how to use hand cues.
- Play dough sheets for teaching the R sound
- Visuals for reducing lip rounding
- Minimal Pair Cards and activities (w vs. r)
- Auditory discrimination sheets
- Coarticulation for eliciting vocalic R
- Dot marker drill pages
- High frequency word drills
- Nonsense word sheet (make up R words)
- Fun and engaging drill games including a race car dice game, sand timer timed drill, paperclip spinner pages and tic-tac-toe
- Sound-By-Sound™ visuals for producing R at the word level
- Worksheets for practicing the R sound in isolation, syllables, words, 2-word phrases, carrier phrases, sentences, oral reading, and carryover to connected speech.
- SO MUCH MORE! This systematic, step-by-step approach to R therapy is all you need for teaching the most menacing of sounds! If you have any questions about this resource, please reach out to Meredith@peachiespeechie.com
Total Page Count: 334 Pages!
You’ll be sure to enjoy the other workbooks in the I Can… series by Peachie Speechie including:
Thank you for stopping by my TPT shop! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get freebies and more awesomeness at PEACHIESPEECHIE.COM
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter! You'll be glad you did :)
Important disclaimer about this resource: This workbook and the techniques presented in it are designed to be used by a speech-language pathologist with an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and speech sound production. This workbook is not designed to be a substitute for speech therapy, simply a collection of materials that SLPs may find useful during treatment sessions. Users must use professional judgment and common sense when implementing techniques described in this product. Appropriate techniques may vary based on the individual being treated.