Everything you need to teach Ions as an introduction or review is right here including the lesson and a worksheet with answers provided. The presentation is interactive, engaging and to the point.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of the presentation
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Student worksheet with answers
- An introduction to what ions are including net charge
- Review of electrons and protons and their charges
- Cation vs. Anions
- Determining charge of an ion
- Ions Lewis Structure drawing
- Naming Ions
- Multivalent Ions
- Application of Ions
- "Fabulous, very well put together."
- "Great resource to go with my ions unit!"
- "Great Product!"
- "Awesome product."
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson has helped and you would like to download the entire chemistry unit at a steep discount please click on the link below.
The individual Chemistry Lessons can be accessed below.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.