The ”Grade 1 March Daily Math”
work packet is designed for students in Grade 1. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers as the activities are based on expectations outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
Each Daily Math monthly packet now features approximately 20 - 24 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (approximately 5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The skill set addressed in this packet once again involves number sense with numbers from 0 to 50. The following skills are addressed in the March
- Ordering numbers to 50;
- Comparing numbers to 50;
- Representing numbers to 50;
- Identifying the number of tens and ones a given number has;
- Representing money amounts to 20 cents;
- Adding and subtracting one-digit numbers (one-digit by one-digit);
- Telling time to the hour and half-hour;
- Measuring lines using the centimetre standard unit;
- Identifying two-dimensional shapes and three-dimensional figures;
- Creating and identifying patterns using shapes and pictures;
- Spinning, tallying and discussing data collected given a spinner;
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for the Grade 1 April Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for Grade 1 Daily Math?
Grade 1 January Daily Math
Grade 1 February Daily Math
Looking for Grade 2 Daily Math?
Grade 2 September Daily MathGrade 2 October Daily MathGrade 2 November Daily Math
Grade 2 December Daily Math
Grade 2 January Daily Math
Grade 2 February Daily Math
Looking for Grade 3 Daily Math?
Grade 3 September Daily MathGrade 3 October Daily MathGrade 3 November Daily Math
Grade 3 December Daily Math
Grade 3 January Daily Math