The ”Grade 3 April Daily Math”
work packet is designed for students in Grade 3. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers as the activities are based on expectations outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
Each Daily Math monthly packet now features approximately 20 - 24 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (approximately 5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The skill set addressed in this packet once again involves number sense with numbers to 1000. The following skills are addressed in the April
- Comparing numbers using the <, >, and = symbols;
- Identifying the number that comes before or after a given number;
- Identifying numbers that are ten more and ten less than a given number;
- Using mental math strategies to solve addition and subtraction equations involving one and two-digit equations;
- Representing numbers using given base ten blocks;
- Rounding numbers to the nearest ten;
- Representing given money amounts via drawing bills and coins and colouring in given coins and bills;
- Solving addition and subtraction equations involving three-digits;
- Measuring lines using a ruler and writing measurements using the standard unit of the centimetre;
- Telling and representing time to the nearest five minutes;
- Interpreting data presented in bar graphs and pictographs;
- Predicting the outcome of simple probability experiments;
Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
Check back soon for the Grade 3 May Daily Math packet. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for Grade 1 Daily Math?
Grade 1 January Daily Math
Grade 1 February Daily Math
Grade 1 March Daily Math
Looking for Grade 2 Daily Math?
Grade 2 September Daily MathGrade 2 October Daily MathGrade 2 November Daily Math
Grade 2 December Daily Math
Grade 2 January Daily Math
Grade 2 February Daily Math
Looking for Grade 3 Daily Math?
Grade 3 September Daily MathGrade 3 October Daily MathGrade 3 November Daily Math
Grade 3 December Daily Math
Grade 3 January Daily Math
Grade 3 February Daily MathGrade 3 March Daily Math
Looking for Grade 4 Daily Math?
Grade 4 February Daily Math