Six rounds include practice graphing linear functions by completing a table of values for each equation, plotting the ordered pairs / solutions and drawing a line through the points.
***GET THIS PRODUCT AS PART OF A MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE***
Algebra 1 Relay Activities Bundle
Separate students into groups of four and give each student their own copy of Round 1. Students should discuss the problem as they work on it and agree on the correct answer. Once each student in the group has the correct answer, ONE person from the group takes ONE Round 1 sheet to have it checked by the teacher.
If the answer is correct, the student then picks up four copies of Round 2 for the group. If the answer is not correct, the teacher sends the student back so the group can correct Round 1.
Groups continue working until each round is completed and checked by the teacher for accuracy.
This activity works well early in a lesson when students are actively learning a new skill. The discussion and collaboration in the small groups enhance the students’ learning.
The answer key for the teacher is included.
CCSS: Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
8.F.A.1 Understand that a function is a rule that assigns to each input exactly one output. The graph of a function is the set of ordered pairs consisting of an input and the corresponding output.
8.F.A.2Compare properties of two functions each represented in a different way (algebraically, graphically, numerically in tables, or by verbal descriptions).
CCSS: Interpret functions that arise in applications in terms of the context.
HSF.IF.B.4 For a function that models a relationship between two quantities, interpret key features of graphs and tables in terms of the quantities, and sketch graphs showing key features given a verbal description of the relationship.
CCSS: Analyze functions using different representations.
HSF.IF.C.7 Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.
HSF.IF.C.7.A Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.
Print enough copies (one-sided) for each student to have his/her own. Cut pages on the dotted lines to separate rounds into separate stacks (all of Round 1 is in one stack, Round 2 is in a different stack, etc.).
After handing out Round 1, keep stacks of Round 2, Round 3, etc. and only allow students to take the next round in order when their group is ready for it.
Included in the package:
• Six relay rounds
• Answer Key for Teacher
You might also like:
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt (6 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Mixed Review Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Graph Linear Functions In Point-Slope Form Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Graph Linear Functions In Slope-Intercept Form Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Graph Linear Functions Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Graph Linear Equations in Standard Form Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Graph Linear Equations in Point-Slope Form Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Find Slope & Write Linear Equations Given Two Points Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Rewrite Linear Equations Into Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Solve Linear Equations With Variables On Both Sides Relay Activities (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Find Slope From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Linear Equations In Point-Slope Form Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Tables, Points & Graphs Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Tables Problem Pass Activity (8 rounds)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations In Context & Mixed Review Placemat Activities (2 activities)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.